November 20, 2014
Simple Shea Butter Hair Mask for Dry Hair
Does your hair get dry during summer? No worries, here is a homemade mask that will help you add moisture and bring your hair back to life!
- Shea Butter repairs dry or damaged hair. Thanks to vitamins like A, E and F, shea butter revitalizes hair and helps promote growth.
- Jojoba Oil nourishes, invigorates and restores vitality to dry hair, improves shine and flexibility.
- Glycerin is a good humectant like honey, but it does not lighten the hair.
- Coconut Oil is a repairer by penetrating the hair shaft.
- Peppermint Oil stimulates blood circulation to the scalp.
To use, combine:
- 1 Tablespoon of Shea Butter
- 1 Tablespoon of Jojoba Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Glycerin mixed with water (or Honey)
- A few drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Shower cap (optional)
The mask can be applied to dry or wet hair, but we prefer to apply it on damped hair to keep the hair moisturized. Think also of putting a towel around your neck to prevent licking and let it sit in your hair for 20-30 minutes. You can rinse the mask with your regular shampoo and conditioner. You hair will look healthier, smoother and softer!
Give it a try and give us some feedback!